A summary of the Club Rules is provided in the Ground Rules & Information on the Club Facilities form given to new members when joining the Club (PDF copy available from the Forms/Flyers page). The Ground Rules are also reprinted regularly in the Club newsletter.
In addition, the operation of the Club is governed by the Rules & Constitution of the Eastern Suburbs Dog Training Club, a copy of which is available on the Training Grounds on Sundays or can be downloaded here.
The following summarises the Club Ground Rules (updated February 2008):
- Training Times: the scheduled start and end times are listed in the Training Times page on the Club website.
- Dogs MUST be on lead at all times
- Name badges must be worn. Replacements for lost badges will be issued for a $2 donation
- Access to roped off area surrounding trailer is restricted to Committee, Instructors and Helpers
- Jumps and other equipment may be used ONLY under supervision of an Instructor
- Deposit litter and dog doo in bins provided
- Centennial Park rules must be respected at all times - please see Dog Walking on the Centennial Parklands website
- Children are welcome at the Club, but they must be supervised and they must not handle a dog in class. Children under the age of 12 are not permitted to join the Club. Junior Membership is available for children aged 12 to 17 years old
- Puppies and adult dogs must have a collar and lead for training - not an extendable lead. A harness is permissible, but the goal will be to work towards using a collar and lead for training in the Advanced Classes (harnesses cannot be used in Promotion Tests).
- All dogs must be fully vaccinated - a current vaccination certificate must be provided when joining the Club and renewing membership
- The only method of payment accepted is CASH or CHEQUE.